Back To Blog
Selling Your Home? Don't Know Where to Begin?
Your Castles Unlimited Realtor is an expert in marketing homes. But your role in the final results is just as important: to make your home as attractive as possible to potential buyers.
Remember that first impressions count. You should do everything you can to make that first impression a positive one. People who consider buying your house will be as critical as you are in searching for a new home.
Be sure to be as flexible as possible. Insisting that your home be shown only when convinient for you may rid you of potential buyers. You never know if that last minute, inconvinent showing will bring in the buyers who make an offer on your home.
Take an inspection tour of your home, observing it as a potential buyer would. Take note of any minor repairs and painting that need to be done.
Here are some tips which have proven valuable to homeowners in preparing their homes for showing:
Since the exterior of your home will be the first thing a prospective buyer sees, it is very important to create a good first impression. Many sales are already closed before the buyer walks inside, based just on the outside appeal of the home. Here are some enhancements you can make to the exterior of your home:
- Keep the lawn trimmed and edged. Weed and cultivate flower gardens.
- Trim shrubs and eliminate dead trees or branches. Pick up any debris, toys and lawn equipment.
- Repair any fences or gates. Give them a fresh coat of paint, if necessary.
- Are the exterior walls painted, the roof in good repair, as well as gutters and down-spouts?
- Wash down driveways and sidewalks. Check them for cracking and crumbling.
- Replace any cracked windows and torn screens.
- The entrance should be clean and in good repair. The doorbell and front light must be in working condition.
- Park extra cars down the street.
- Remove any worn out or rusted patio furniture.
- Keep any pets you have, out of the way.
To find out more about what you can do to effectively sell your house, visit our Selling Tips page!