Brookline MA Resources
The Coolidge Corner Theatre located in the heart of Brookline.
Primary and Secondary Education
- Beaver Country Day School
- Brimmer and May School
- Dexter Southfield School
- Maimonides School
- The Park School
- Pine Manor College
- Newbury College
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology
- parts of Boston University
Brookline Public libraries
- Public Library of Brookline is located at 361 Washington St., Brookline, MA 02445
- Coolidge Corner Branch Library is located at 31 Pleasant St., Brookline, MA 02446
- Putterham Branch Library is located at 959 West Roxbury Pkwy., Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- The MBTA Green Rail Lines B, C, and D run through various parts of Brookline
- MBTA bus lines such as the 57, the 66, and 60 run through Brookline as well.
Brookline Points of Interest
- Larz Anderson Park is in Brookline on the 64-acre (26 ha) estate once owned by Larz Anderson and Isabel Weld Perkins. The park contains the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, the oldest automobile collection in the country, as well as Putterham School, a one-room schoolhouse from colonial times.
- The Country Club, an exclusive sporting club in the town, was the first private club in the United States formed exclusively for outdoor activities. It is most famous as a golf club.
- Coolidge Corner, located at the crossing of Beacon Street and Harvard Street, is one of Brookline's two primary retail districts (the other being Brookline Village). It includes a number of historically significant sites, including the S.S. Pierce Building (now occupied by a Walgreens), and the Coolidge Corner Theatre.
- The Puppet Showplace Theatre, located in Brookline village, is one of the four oldest puppet theatres in the United States.