In today's digital age, if you want to make something of your life then you better be working outside of work, one way or another. Some people's entire career revolve around their laptop, and all they need is that and a good internet connection to make millions per annum. Having a space to work in is therefore a necessity for many, and should be a higher priority for many more.
The real estate game is constantly changing in response to this new landscape as well. One way is that more home buyers are taking into consideration a space where they can install their home office. This trend among the well-educated professionals and business managers is made possible by the major technological improvements that we have today.
Although remote workers still represent a minority, the numbers have been growing over the years. The US Census reports that 5.2% of the working population works remotely. Realtors are noticing the importance of offering houses with a private office space, partially because many of them need the same in their own lives.
The majority of home workers are interested in having spaces or rooms that are private, where they can take their calls and work on their computer without interruption. Working in the kitchen, unless you live alone, might be distracting. Plus, it's good to have a dedicated "get sh*t done" area in your home to get you in the right headspace for hustling.
Here are some pros of having a home office:
- Expenses are lower. Wether it's vs renting an office, or sitting in a cafe, utilizing space you already have will save money one way or another.
- Taxes. Most home owners can deduct a portion of maintenance and utilities on their taxes or even depreciate the percentage of the home they use as an office.
- It creates the possibility to spend more quality time with your loved ones.
- A home office adds value to your home, which is one of the biggest benefits that you will get.
- Privacy. Your home, your rules.
- Plenty more
There's an abundance of reasons why a home office is a good idea, and they all depend on who you ask. Ask yourself, and determine if it's a good fit for you. Then, ask us to help you find a place that has exactly what you need! Reach out to us here at Castles Unlimited and we'll find the perfect place for you.