Listing Number X65363905
- Non-MLS Residential
- Bathroom 4
- Bedrooms 5
- Square Feet 8,333
- Sale or Lease for sale
The castle after which Castle Cove was named, this landmark heritage-listed building occupies 8,333 sqm of lush park-like grounds. Completed in 1904 by a prominent local politician, Henry Willis, a magnificent example of perpendicular Gothic architecture. It showcases a lavish sandstone build and takes the name 'Innisfallen Castle' (or 'Island of the Field') from an Irish castle in Killarney. Gazing out over the soothing blue waters of Fig Tree Cove.
There are currently 2 existing buildings; the castle itself, and separate accommodation ideal as either a guest wing or domestic staff living quarters. DA approved plans from acclaimed architects Fender Katsalidis allow for a third building to be built with home cinema, 20m swimming pool, gym, championship tennis court, wine cellar creating an overall 7 bedroom stately home.
The approved plans present a rare opportunity for a spectacular transformation of this slice of Australian history, including restoring the iconic castle to its former glory and glamour.
* Grand entrance vestibule with striking leadlight windows
* Soaring high ornate ceilings, timber floors, marble fireplaces
* Formal and informal living/dining rooms with galley kitchen
* Middle Harbour views, enormous bedrooms, sun filled bathroom
* Separate self-contained guest wing can be used for domestic staff
* Tennis court, expansive gardens, abundant off-street parking
* DA plans for a 7-bedroom home with guest wing
* Approved DA plans include cinema, 20m swimming pool, gym, championship tennis court and wine cellar
* 5.7km to Chatwood
* 11km to North Sydney
* 13km to Sydney CBD
Listed by James Lowenstern of Castles Commercial